Sunday, October 2, 2011

I still remember how to 'FLY'

This was a last minute trip where my friends wanted me to bring them to fish for tarpons and the only place I am familiar with is in Bagan Datoh.

It's been like ages since I last fly fish... fortunately, I have not forgotten how to cast a fly rod.

We reached there about 8 am and we missed the first frenzy session which start early in the morning where the sun about to rise.

My friends was using light bait casting rod and I was the only one with a fiberglass fly rod. I landed a few good sizes tarpons and failed to hook up some. They were extremely fast..


This one was landed with a gurgler.


Another...


I guess this was the largest landed..


This was landed using Olive color Damsel..

1 comment:

  1. LCLY la...don't bring me..i never fished for these guys before.

    ReplyDelete